Website Rental Terms of Service
Below are the terms & conditions for renting your “Done For You” Dog Training Business Website from Browning Direct, Inc.
The agreement contained in this “Website Rental Agreement” is between Browning Direct, Inc., (“Company”) and you (“Client”) constitutes the sole agreement between Company and the Client regarding renting a website from Company.
- Scope Of Work
- New Website
- Company retains ownership of hosting account in which work will be created on, Client retains ownership of client’s domain name/url.
- Company retains ownership of all web design, features and functionality created on domain. Client retains rights to all of their own provided text and graphic content.
- Client may forward any pre-owned domains to the hosting account in which the website is built.
- Company agrees to design, publish, and maintain a website for Client according to agreed upon specifications.
- Any additional work not specified in this contract must be authorized by a written change order. A change order submitted by email meets this requirement.
- Client is solely responsible for supplying website content and images.
- The Client represents to Company and unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to Company for inclusion in Web pages are owned by the Client, or that the Client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Company from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the Client.
- The Company represents to Client the finished assembled work of Web pages produced by the Company is owned by Company.
- The Company retains the right to display graphics and other Web design elements as examples of their work in their respective portfolios.
- WordPress user accounts may be created for Client limited to ‘Author’ user role. Additional permissions may be allowed upon request and review. Administrator access will not be allowed.
- Client will not have access to any access to hosting edits or updates. This includes but is not limited to cPanel, DNS settings, and MX records.
- Client may request Company to make changes to hosting settings on their behalf. All changes must first be approved by Company.
- Authorship Credit
- Client agrees that Company may put a byline and hyperlink on the bottom pages of Client’s website establishing authorship credit and copyright notice and that Company may advertise Client’s website as an example of their work.
- In no event will Company be liable to the Client or any third party for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability of website usage
- Company represents and warrants to Client that it has the experience and ability to perform services required by this Agreement; that it will perform said services in a professional and competent manner: that is has the power to enter into and perform this agreement.
- Third Party Service Provider
- Client acknowledges that the services rendered by Company under this Agreement shall be solely as a Third Party Service Provider. It is expressly understood that this undertaking is not a joint venture.
- Company recognizes and acknowledges that this Agreement creates a confidential relationship between Company and Client and that information concerning Client’s business affairs, Clients, vendors, finances, properties, methods of operations, computer programs, and documentation, and other such information, whether written, oral, or otherwise, is confidential in nature. All such information concerning Client is hereinafter collectively referred to as “Confidential Information”.
- Company agrees that, except as directed by Client, it will not at any time during or after the term of this Agreement disclose any Confidential Information to any person whatsoever and that upon the termination of this Agreement it will turn over to Client all documents, papers, and other matter in its possession or control that relate to Client.
- Compensation And Term
- The initial set up charge is due before work is begun.
- The initial term of the agreement is month-to-month.
- The monthly rental charge is $149.
- Client can pay the invoice with any major credit/debit card through Freshbooks.
- The Client must pay via debit or credit card to be auto-withdrawn monthly
- Company will not begin work on the website until payment for the setup charge is received.
- If Client misses a payment or their card has insufficient funds, a notice will be sent from Company to Client. If Company does not receive Client’s payment within 10 days, Company reserves the right to disable Client’s website until payment in full.
- Client may terminate the agreement at anytime by notifying the Company in writing. Termination submitted by email meets this requirement.
- Company will disable the website after the active paid month once the termination notice is received from Client unless requested by Client to end before the end of the paid month.
- Company reserves the right to terminate services at any time.
- Laws Affecting Electronic Commerce
- From time to time governments enact laws and levy taxes and tariffs affecting Internet electronic commerce. The Client agrees that the Client is solely responsible for complying with such laws, taxes, and tariffs, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Company from any claim, suit, penalty, tax, or tariff arising from the Client’s exercise of Internet electronic commerce.
- If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Client guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photography, trademarks or other artwork provided by Client are owned by Client, or that Client retains permission to use them. Client will hold Browning Direct, Inc. harmless against any and all claims, losses or costs (including court costs and reasonable attorney fee), arising out of or resulting from the use of unlicensed text, artwork and photography.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO):
Although development of the website will follow SEO guidelines and best practices, Browning Direct, Inc. can legally and ethically make no guarantee or promise of specific results or rank on search engines.
OTHER LEGAL STUFF:
Browning Direct, Inc. can’t guarantee that the functions contained in any web page templates or in the completed website will remain error-free forever. Browning Direct, Inc. is not liable to Client or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this web site and any other web pages, even if Client has advised Browning Direct, Inc. the possibilities of such damages. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. The contract cannot be transferred to anyone other than Client without the permission of Browning Direct, Inc..
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall either party or its subsidiaries or affiliates be liable to the other party for any incidental, consequential, indirect, special, or punitive damages (including, but not limited to, lost profits (except on Browning Direct, Inc.’s fees for services), business interruption, loss of business information or other pecuniary loss, and including any of such alleged to result from such party’s exercise of its rights under this agreement) regardless of whether such liability is based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of warranties, failure of essential purpose or otherwise and even if advised of the possibility of such damages. The parties understand and agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set forth in this section represent the parties’ agreement as to allocation of risk between them in connection with their respective obligations under this agreement. The fees payable to Browning Direct, Inc. reflect, and are set in reliance upon, this allocation of risk and the exclusions and limitations of liability.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS:
Browning Direct, Inc. represents, warrants and covenants to Client that, (a) Browning Direct, Inc.’s contribution to the Design Services constitute wholly original work; and (b) to the best of Browning Direct, Inc.’s knowledge, Browning Direct, Inc.’s contributions to the Design Work do not violate, infringe upon or misappropriate any third party rights. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Browning Direct, Inc. has not conducted any trademark clearance and makes no representation as to the availability of any element of the Design Work for Browning Direct, Inc.’s use as a trademark or service mark. Client shall be solely responsible for conducting any and all trademark clearance in connection with any element of the Design Work.
Each party will defend, indemnify, and hold the other party, its affiliates and each of their respective officers, employees, affiliates and agents harmless from and against all third party claims, suits, judgments, losses, damages, fines or costs (including reasonable outside attorney’s fees and expenses) related to or arising out of such party’s gross negligence, willful misconduct or material breach of this Agreement. The parties’ obligations under this paragraph will survive the expiration and/or termination of this Agreement.
Constant communication and follow up feedback via email between Browning Direct, Inc. and Client is necessary to complete assignments on a timely basis and is a huge factor in the estimated timeline.